find out what is going on inside my head. i know it is a little scary, but you will be safe. i promise.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Guacamole


Unless you live in a cave on a desert island, you are aware that in a few days the NFL will crown its annual champion. Across the country there will be celebrations large and small where friends gather to cheer for their favored team and enjoy their favorite party foods. There will be chicken wings, little smokies, meatballs, various chips, and dips. My favorite party food is, without a question, chicken wings. My favorite dip is guacamole. Until the last two or three years, I hated guacamole. I had tried it. I found it to be disgusting. It had absolutely no redeeming value. But tastes change. I was willing to try it again. Now I love guacamole. It is one of my favorite dips and taco/fajita toppings. This has been my tribute to guacamole. Below is Rhett and Link's tribute to guacamole. Their tribute is funnier and more clever. Mine love for guacamole is at least as sincere as their love is. I hope you enjoy it. In the comments, tell us what your favorite Super Bowl party food is.


3 comments:

Liz said...

You know, Larry felt the same way about guacamole for the longest time. He told me all the things that he thought it looked like, how gross he thought it was....and then somewhere along the way, he tried it. And ya know what? He orders it now b/c he likes it! Funny how our tastebuds change as we get older.

Liz said...

John, that's quite possibly the goofiest video I've ever seen.

:)

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Well, we are fans of the guacamole! Also, I am planning on making a BIG bowl of the green stuff, for my hubby. That is, unless they are just too gosh darn expensive, at the store. Then, well, he is out of luckamole!
The video is AWESOME!