find out what is going on inside my head. i know it is a little scary, but you will be safe. i promise.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Fortune Cookie Advice


I enjoy Chinese food. It seems like I can't get enough lately. Today I had lunch at one of my favorite Chinese restaurants in Tyler. As I neared the end of my meal, I was given that absolute staple of American Chinese food, the fortune cookie. I am always interested to see what it says my fortune is. I don't place any stock in it, but I find it interesting. The fortunes are generally so vague that they would apply to anyone at anytime. Today, my fortune read: "This year your highest priority should be your family." See what I mean? So generic. So true. As a husband and father, my highest priority (outside of God) should be my family. I should prioritize there needs above mine. It is my responsibility to see that they are cared for. It is so easy to make school (for me) or work or ministry the thing that takes most of my time. But it shouldn't. She who must be obeyed should get my time and attention. I am a model for my children. Heavy, very heavy. This advice from the fortune cookie was a timely reminder for me. I hope it is for you, as well.

PS: My lucky numbers are 9, 22, 27, 32, 43, 44. Good luck.

2 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Thanks for sharing your lucky numbers. I am off to buy a lottery ticket now.......NOT!

Liz said...

...but the real test is taking whatever your fortune is & adding fun phrases to the end of it. I have a feeling you know which phrases I am referring to. LOL!!!

Of course, this particular fortune wouldn't work w/ the most-used phrase!