find out what is going on inside my head. i know it is a little scary, but you will be safe. i promise.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Winner and The Answers

To those of you who participated in the Movie Quote Quiz Contest, many thank you's. First, I want to congratulate Larry and Liz Reeves (even though she posted their answers in the comments instead of emailing them directly to me). They got six correct out of ten. I'll get your prize to you. I trust you will enjoy your $20 Blockbuster gift card.

Now for the answers. Here again are the quotes, along with the movies from which they came.
  1. My grandfather used to work for your grandfather. Of course the rates have gone up. Young Frankenstein
  2. Just a little bit louder, because this song is intended for humans, okay? Way Back Into Love, take two. Music and Lyrics
  3. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Rocky Balboa
  4. Civil war dudes... You guys are brothers for God's sake... You gotta stop fighting... North wins... Slavery is bad... Sorry... Don't want to burst your bubble but South you guys get Allman Brothers...and...NASCAR. So just chill! Night at the Museum
  5. You know how I used to tell you about Van Buren scoring that touchdown back in '48? Yeah, I know. I know. That touchdown got me through 30 years at that factory. Got me through all those times your mother being sick. When I told you not to get your hopes up... didn't mean that I wasn't. Invincible
  6. I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am? The Bourne Identity
  7. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN and loved only one woman with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY! Secondhand Lions
  8. Here, take this, Wave it at anything that slithers. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  9. He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb. Saving Private Ryan
  10. Galloping around the cosmos is a game for the young, Doctor. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

2 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Funny. We have never seen Secondhand Lions. It has been, atleast 20 years since I have seen Wrath of Kan.

Liz said...

Hooray!!!!!!! Since I sort of cheated on the rules (by posting our answers instead of emailing them to you), are you sure we don't have to be disqualified so that Chris & Lisa can enjoy the gift card? (wink)

Nah...just kidding! Thank you!! I KNOW we'll enjoy it!