find out what is going on inside my head. i know it is a little scary, but you will be safe. i promise.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pastor's Wife


Several years ago, I did the smartest thing I could possibly have done. I married She Who Must Be Obeyed. When we married, I was involved in a very different career than I am currently pursuing. Since that time, I have sensed a drawing or calling from God to serve Him and His people in the ministry. The big question is: Did she experience a similar call?

I believe the Bible teaches that marriage is to last a lifetime. Additionally, I want MY marriage to last a lifetime. I believe that a calling by God into the ministry is a calling into a vocation, but it is more than that. It requires a level of submission and obedience that may include major lifestyle changes for the entire family. If our marriage is to remain healthy, we must be in agreement about this calling and these changes. God has richly blessed me with a wife who is in agreement about these things.

I am trying to remain conscious of the fact that she did not marry a pastor, she married a man who would go on (hopefully) to become a pastor. There is a difference. I want to be sensitive to her feelings. I pray God will help me continue to be sensitive to that.

On a more humorous note: I hope to avoid this trap as well. Enjoy the video.


1 comment:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That video is hilarious! You do have a pretty awesome wife!! I bet she will let you know if you go to far with the "the other day my wife..." story. Ha ha.