find out what is going on inside my head. i know it is a little scary, but you will be safe. i promise.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Giving By Searching

I don't know about you, but I am a searcher. When I do not know something, I search for it. Of course, I am talking about internet searches. For a long time, Google has been my search engine of choice. I am changing. I am still loyal to Google. I still use gMail, Google Maps, Google Groups, Blogger, and other services. I am just changing my search engine. I have found something that I like, and I hope you will try it out, too. It is called GoodSearch. You may have already heard about it. For every search, they donate $0.01 (1 cent) to the charity or non-profit of your choice. The money comes from their advertising revenue. They also have GoodShop. When you make a purchase through the GoodShop Mall, the merchant donates a portion of the purchase price back to your cause. There are a few searches which do not generate the donation. They are: 1) image searches; 2) video searches; 3) "search this site" searches; 4) searches for URL's (i.e., search terms ending in .com, .org, .net, .edu); 5) searches to sites for which the URL is well known such as HotMail, ESPN, MySpace, Facebook, GMail, AOL, etc.; 6) searches for stock quotes; 7) searches for word definitions, and 8) any searches generated from fraudulent use of the site. This seems reasonable to me. I have added a GoodSearch button at the top of the left column. When you click on the button, you will be taken to the GoodSearch home page. Just enter your search term. The cause my dontations will go to is already chosen. I have chosen for my searches to benefit my church. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know what you think about this.

No comments: